Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
Patrick McHardy wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

Why does this add a new ip subcommand instead and uses genetlink
instead of the rtnl_link API, which was introduced exactly for
this stuff?

Hm... It does not, it just adds a parser for veth commands that
generic layer isn't aware of.

It does, you have "ip veth add", "ip veth del", ...

Didn't you already sent a patch that used "ip link add ..."?

The patch I sent last used "ip link add" and "ip link del".
The link_veth.c file only parses all the extra arguments.

Thats what I thought. I seems Stephen applied an old version of
the patch that still uses genetlink.