> I am trying to setup a netmeeting directory server internally
> on the company
> network on a windows 2003 server standard. I have done my research and
> noticed that ILS is not included with Windows 2003 server.
> ILS 2.0 only
> works on windows XP but i would like it to be a windows 2003 solution.
>
> Microsoft has an article in which it says that there is a
> workaround to have
> ILS on windows 2003 server
> The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280319/

My reading does not indicate that you can have an ILS server on Win2003. It
indicates explicitly that you must be running a Win2000 server to run the
ILS (at least that is what I take from it). The workaround mentioned seems
to be specifically related to TAPI3 and Active Directory usage.

> I did all that this article showed correctly and did tapicfg show
> /domain:domainname and it showes "Service Connection Points
> and the one I
> have set as default. When i try to connect to that with
> netmeeting it tells
> me that the server is busy or is not working. I dont know
> what else to do.
> Im stuck.
>
> Can you please help? Has anyone else tried using Windows 2003
> server for
> this?

AFAIK Windows 2003 cannot run an ILS period.

Yahoo! Groups Links