Webex is great - use it every day in my professional capacity - but it is
not free...

Free remote control software:
www.logmein.com
www.vnc.com
Remote Desktop Protocol (integral part of Windows OS)
Remote Assistance (integral part of Windows OS)

Free VOIP software (many work to and from PSTN also)
www.goteamspeak.com
www.voipbuster.com
www.skype.com
www.freespeech.ie