On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:49:01AM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
> Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> writes:
>
> > Lada,
> >
> > there won't be any decision as long as there is not a concrete
> > actionable proposal to be discussed. Such a proposal does not have to
> > be 'complete rewrite' but it needs to be a detailed list of what would
> > have to change so that it is possible to assess such a proposal.
>
> This is still quite some work, so I'd first like to see an elementary
> consensus that it is a good thing to do now.

I think the WG needs to see a half way complete list of changes that
this implies in order to form an opinion, something like 'section X
needs to be rewritten', 'section X needs to be split into A and B',
'section X does not require any changes' etc. Unless we have an
outline of how much work this is, we simply do not know what we are
talking about.

> Clearly it would mean further delay for 6020bis and all other documents
> that depend on it. And frankly - I need to show my employer that at
> least some of my IETF work ever gets finished.

I agree. If such a reorganization costs say more of four additional
weeks, I have a hard time to like it.