On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 10:16:06PM +0200, Benoit Claise wrote:

> 2. The requirements.
> If there are still clarifications needed around the requirements in
> draft-openconfig-netmod-opstate-01 section 4, or around the requirement
> that the YANG models need some sort of hierarchy
> (draft-openconfig-netmod-model-structure), like for the routing models,
> ... tomorrow interim meeting is your chance, or between now and then on
> the mailing list.

For the record (since I won't be able to join the call): I disagree
with some of the details in the description of the requirement in
section 4.5. I agree with the part that says that it should be
possible to 'easily' locate the operational state corresponding to
configuration state (and I would add that 'easily' means both for
humans and machines). I would go even further to say that it should
not just be 'easy' but also be 'robust'. What I disagree with is the
part that suggests every 'selector' should be encoded in the schema
path. Note that I am talking about the schema used on a device, I am
not talking about the schema used within an NMS.