I think another question is if the current *requirements* text good /close enough for a -00 wg document....

Lou

On September 10, 2015 8:20:34 AM Nadeau Thomas <tnad...@lucidvision.com> wrote:

On Sep 10, 2015:2:32 AM, at 2:32 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

Yes, in my view, section 4.5 goes a bit too far in making a certain
solution part of the requirement.

The solutions that have been written up have different properties in
terms of data modeling impact, device implementation impact, NMS
implementation impact and backwards compatibility impact. Furthermore,
we need to acknowledge that not all devices are asynchronous. These
aspects need to be taken into account when selecting a solution.

What is needed is clarity what the requirements are that we find
agreement on. I believe it is possible to tweak the text in section 4
to something people can agree on. But as it is written in -01, I do
not think we are there yet.

        Is it that you disagree with the specifics of what is written
so that minor refinements would satisfy your need for clarity, or do you
believe there are entire requirements that either do not exist, or should
be removed from section 4.5?  If the case is the former, please be constructive
and provide proposed changes to the text; if the latter, please specify
that as well.

        —Tom

/js