Hi Carl,

I understand your concern, but isn't it up to the server to decide the
response it provides in that case?  Already I think the server needs to
scatter/gather responses from the operational components in the system and
stitch together a result.  In this case, the stitching may fail and hence
it reports an error of some sort (e.g., not-completely-applied) - what do
you think?

Kent