From: Robert Wilton <rwil...@cisco.com<mailto:rwil...@cisco.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 5:50 AM
To: Jonathan Hansford <jonat...@hansfords.net<mailto:jonat...@hansfords.net>>,
Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net<mailto:kwat...@juniper.net>>, Andy Bierman
<a...@yumaworks.com<mailto:a...@yumaworks.com>>
Cc: "netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>"
<netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>>
Subject: Re: [netmod] opstate-reqs #4: Provide a tighter definition of"applied
configuration"

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, of course, in the general case your statement is completely true.

I think that my premise would still hold if either:
 - there is coordination of the intended configuration between multiple NMS
 - responsibility for parts of the configuration is split between multiple NMS
and they are each independently responsible for ensuring that their part of the
configuration has been programmed correctly.

My point is really that I would more naturally expect the definitive
configuration for a device to be known and held (perhaps in a distributed
fashion) somewhere in the operators management network, not on the device
itself.

Thanks,
Rob