Ladislav Lhotka <lho...@nic.cz> wrote:

> > On 23 Nov 2015, at 14:09, Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ladislav Lhotka <lho...@nic.cz> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Y02-01 allows "must" as a substatement of "input", "output" and
> >> "notification" but for these cases the specification of the context
> >> node in sec. 7.5.3 doesn't work.
> >>
> >>   o  The context node is the node in the accessible tree for which the
> >>      "must" statement is defined.
> >
> > You are right.  But note how the accessible tree is defined.  There is
> > a node for the operation / notification.  This node should be the
>
> Not in rpc/action output:
>
>      <rpc-reply message-id="101"
>                 xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
>        <reset-finished-at xmlns="http://example.net/server-farm";>
>          2014-07-29T13:42:12Z
>        </reset-finished-at>
>      </rpc-reply>
>

> > context node:
> >
> >   o  If the "must" statement is a substatement of a "notification"
> >      statement, the context node is the node representing the
> >      notification in the accessible tree.
> >
> >   o  If the "must" statement is a substatement of a "input"
> >      statement, the context node is the node representing the
> >      operation in the accessible tree.
> >
> >   o  If the "must" statement is a substatement of a "output"
> >      statement, the context node is the node representing the
> >      operation in the accessible tree.
>
> In the last bullet, I don't know what the node representing the
> operation is. In XML encoding, the request is
>
> <rpc ...>
>   <opname ...>
>   </opname>
> </rpc>
>
> so I understand the <opname> element is the node representing the
> operation, but in a reply the <opname> element isn't present.
>
> Am I missing something?

The accessible tree is the same regardless of encoding.  This means
that an implementation must (conceptually) decode the received data
and put it in this tree.  It should work with XML, JSON, and any other
encoding we might define.  So, the exact node names and structure in
the XML encoding does not really matter.