Thanks all.

> On 11 Dec 2015, at 09:50, Jernej Tuljak <jern...@mg-soft.si> wrote:
>
> Ladislav Lhotka je 11.12.2015 ob 9:55 napisal:
>>
>> A code that evaluating these functions needs to know a lot about the
>> underlying YANG data model anyway, so I think it is no problem to resolve
>> arbitrary QNames. I am thus in favour of William's proposal.

I like the idea of just thinking of it as a QName. This also suggests a general
principle that any future functions that needed to refer to types, identities
etc would use QNames?

> If there are no existing functions that take a prefixed string literal, why
> not simply replace the module name argument with a prefix string? I don't see
> why a module name needs to be used here at all either - in fact, it seems to
> be promoting the idea of breaking out of module containment using XPath
> instead of discouraging it - you should not be able to refer to an identity
> if it is not defined within an imported or the enclosing module.

I assume that "module name" always meant "prefix" because otherwise how would
one deal with namespaces and revisions? Using a QName clarifies that it's a
prefix.

William