On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 04:48:21PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:

> The minutes for IETF 95 show that there was in-room support for adopting
> draft-wilton-netmod-intf-ext-yang as a WG draft.   The minutes also show that
> this decision would be confirmed on the mailing list, which I am doing now.
>
> Should we move to adopt draft-wilton-netmod-intf-ext-yang as a WG item and
> correspondingly add this to the WG charter as a milestone?  Please comment by
> Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 9AM EST at which time the WG Chairs will gauge
> whether or not there is consensus to move forward with the document.

This I-D contains some Ethernet specific definitions. Are we going to
define Ethernet specific things in the IETF or is IEEE ready to take
over data models for 'their' interfaces? In other words, what exactly
is the scope of this work?

And (likely depending on the answer to the first question), is it
meaningful to produce an interface extension module or is it better to
simply carefully revise the model we already have?

If we add something to the work of this WG, what will be realistic
milestones and how do we make sure we stay focused? Is there a need
for some prioritization?