On 01/21/2016 12:45 AM, Qin Wu wrote:
> 1. This draft defines two module, one is IETF-PACKET-FIELDS, the other is
> ietf-access-control-list module,
> I am wondering whether ietf-packet-fields module can be defined in more
> generic way that can be applied to other modules defined somewhere else?
> e.g., in ietf-packet-fields module, acl-ip-header-fields grouping is defined,
> I am wondering whether prefix "acl-" can be removed to make it more generic?

What you'll likely run into here is that the header fields defined in
acl-*-header-fields are more or less the lowest common denominators for
the application of "acl" - Not all header fields are defined here.

I suppose an approach could be to define generic groupings of all header
fields and create per application groupings, referencing what is
supported with appropriate constraints, etc...  Not sure what that buys
here since you're likely to have overlap but not complete parity between
the different consumers of these packet fields.

/ebben