On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 12:07:32PM -0500, Lou Berger wrote:

> On 2/4/2016 12:02 PM, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> > Can I mount /top/second?
> yes. But in our use case, we wouldn't explicitly do a mount here. but we
> would allow a server may choose to support it.
>
> > Why would a solution be simpler if I make
> > this impossible?
>
> We're not suggest this.  We're stating what we require, not what we
> preclude.  So a solution that supports non-top-level is just fine too.

So is the outcome of this discussion that you wanted to express that
it is sufficient for your use case to be able to mount nodes located
directly below the root? In other words, you would mount /system out
of ietf-system but you would never consider to mount, say, /system/ntp
or /system/radius.

If this is the outcome, then the text describing your use case
requirement probably can be improved (the distinction between
top-level module and non-top-level module is misleading since all you
require is mount of top-level nodes).