From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:17 PM
To: Alexander Clemm (alex) <a...@cisco.com>
Cc: Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com>; netmod@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] explicit mount

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 09:04:00PM +0000, Alexander Clemm (alex) wrote:
> Juergen, I think you are correct.  Also alias-mount and peer-mount (not just
> schema-mount) specify mountpoints in the schema.  They are not about mounting
> arbitrary data in arbitrary places, but defining a model with mountpoints
> declared.

My reading of draft-clemm-netmod-mount-03 is that you proposed:

ac:mountpoint foo {
  ac:target "pointer-to-place-where-remote-system-information-can-be-found";
  ac:subtree "/a/b/c";
}

I guess you intend to mount everything below the path /a/b/c, independent of
where the path ends and how many augmentations etc. are there - you mount
everything in the subtree. Lada and Martin I think do not propose to mount
arbitrary paths but only complete YANG modules and everything (in particular
instance identifier) is interpreted 'inside' like if you did a chroot (at least
this is how I understood things so far). It is not clear yet to me how 'inside'
and 'outside'
translate to NETCONF and RESTCONF but that is for the protocol people to figure
out I guess.

My understanding is that Martin can mount several YANG modules on a single
mb:mount-point, your mountpoint is restricted to a single specific path. Lada
does not need mount points, the stuff goes to any place the implementations
likes to put it.