Hi Lada,

On 3/7/16, 8:45 AM, "Ladislav Lhotka" <lho...@nic.cz> wrote:

>"Acee Lindem (acee)" <a...@cisco.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Lada,

>>>Maybe some experts in the embedded area could comment on this, but I
>>>believe in both 6LoWPAN and ZigBee IPv6-only networks are commonplace.
>>
>> Okay - I’ve also heard requirements from an SP for access devices with
>> only IPv6. However, is a separate module required for this?
>
>An IPv6-only system should not have IPv4-related nodes in the schema. As
>I wrote, alternatives are
>
>(a) define features for individual address families
>(b) include configuration of address families, and then use "when"
>statements to control the schema.

We have the ip-address type that supports both… Couldn’t we use this type
and have the server simply return an error if a route is configured for an
unsupported address family? Should the ietf-yang-types module be
re-published with ip-address removed?

I guess don’t see this as a major point.

>We also have to consider other families that may be added, even some
>that don't exist yet.

Agreed. These can be added through augmentation.

>> ietf-yang-types has the type ip-address supporting both AFs. Does
>> supporting one or the other AF or both need to be enforced with separate
>> modules? For IPv4, we are going to need to support IPv6 next-hops (refer
>> to RFC 5549).

>>>The idea is that any device that implements ietf-routing is required to
>>>support these configuration variables, which is what 4861 says.
>>
>> But it says nothing about the organization of the YANG modules ;^)
>
>No, but currently there is no way to say that if module X is implemented,
>then
>module Y has to be implemented, too.
>

>>> With a
>>>mechanism like Andy's packages we would have more flexibility, but for
>>>the time being the best solution seems to be to move RA stuff to a
>>>submodule.
>>
>> Why wouldn’t RA be in a separate draft with all the other RFC 4861
>> protocols?
>
>It could, and we could hope that some mechanism will be established later
>for
>specifying module dependencies and prerequisites. It's IMO needed
>anyway.

ARP and ACLs are also needed anyway, that doesn’t mean they need to be
included in this draft.

Acee