On 4/27/2016 12:43 PM, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
Benoit Claise <bcla...@cisco.com> wrote:
Hi Martin,
Benoit Claise <bcla...@cisco.com> wrote:
Hi Martin,

Removed some extra ones on which we agree.
See in line.
- Terminology:
     The following terms are defined in [RFC6241
     <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6241>]:

       o  configuration datastore: a configuration datastore is an
          instantiated data tree with configuration data

       o  datastore: an instantiated data tree

RFC6241 has different definition for "configuration datastore" and
"datastore".
I would just provide the pointer to the RFC 6241 definitions.
If you intend to provide an adapted definition for the YANG mappings,
then you should say so.
How about:

OLD:

       o  configuration datastore: a configuration datastore is an
          instantiated data tree with configuration data

       o  datastore: an instantiated data tree

NEW:

       o configuration datastore: When modelled with YANG, a configuration
          datastore is an instantiated data tree with configuration data

       o  datastore: When modelled with YANG, an instantiated data tree

This issue is with "The following terms are defined in [RFC6241]", but
you re-define those terms.
I don't think it is correct to say that we "re-define" these terms.
It sounds like we give the terms a different meaning.
Playing with words? :-)
   I agree that
the OLD text gave that impression, but I think the NEW proposed text
fixes this.
This does not work.

Reading the terminology ...

        The following terms are defined in [RFC6241
        <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6241>]:

      o  configuration datastore: ...

      o  datastore: ...

... I will not even bother reading the definitions, because I know
them from 6241.
Doing this, I will not spot the subtle "different meaning" you
inserted in the definitions.
Ok, how about moving the specialized-meaning-text to its own paragraph:

   The following terms are defined in [RFC6241]:

    o  configuration data

    o  configuration datastore

    o  datastore

    o  running configuration datastore

    o  state data

    When modelled with YANG, a datastore is realized as an instantiated
    data tree.

    When modelled with YANG, a configuration datastore is realized as an
    instantiated data tree with configuration data.
That works.

Regards, Benoit

/martin
.