All,

No-one replied to this. Fair enough, because it probably seems a rather trivial
question! But I wanted to point out that a practical consequence of the
description being a long way down a module is that the license text could
easily be missed (assuming it’s in the top-level description, which is the
usual IETF - and BBF - practice). In one BBF module (lots of includes, each of
which has a revision-date and uses 3 lines), the top-level description begins
at line 149 out of 204.

OK, we could put a comment nearer the top of the file that points the reader
further down the file, or we could move the license text into a comment near
the top of the file. But usual YANG practice (and I like this) seems to be to
prefer to put information into YANG statements rather than into comments.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
William