> On 29 Aug 2016, at 12:42, William Lupton <wlup...@broadband-forum.org> wrote:
>
> Regardless of whether circular import is permitted, isn’t it best avoided
> from a layering point of view? In general I would think that a module should
> be importing things that (a) it needs, and (b) don’t need it. W.

If possible, yes. However, not everything is strictly layered, sometimes it
might be useful to put definitions into separate modules even if they are
coupled in both directions.

Where cyclic references would be really harmful (groupings, identities), YANG
spec excludes them explicitly - because they are harmful within the same
module, too.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs