It holds.  Some have FUD.  I do not.

K.

On 9/2/16, 4:35 AM, "Ladislav Lhotka" <lho...@nic.cz> wrote:

    Hi Stephane,

    if we do any changes to the core routing module, then I am afraid all
modules that depend on it will have to follow suit. In particular, if we put
config and state data into separate modules, protocol modules should do the
same.

    I don't like the idea of putting the core routing model and all work that
depends on it on hold until we reach a decision regarding opstate. So, *if* the
separation of config and state data gives a reasonable guarantee that at least
the config part will be compatible with the ultimate opstate solution (whatever
it is), it IMO makes sense to do it. But I am not even sure that the premise
holds.

    Lada

<stephane.litkow...@orange.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > As this model is a base for multiple routing modules, it would be good to
align the op-state modeling between this model and the existing routing related
modules (so we can also close the work on multiple routing yang models).
    > So if core routing model uses foo:/foo foo:/foo-state, do we keep this
modeling also for our protocol models and close the work ?

    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Stephane

Schoenwaelder
    > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 20:41
    > To: Kent Watsen
    > Cc: netmod@ietf.org
    > Subject: Re: [netmod] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-23
(until Sep 9, 2016)

    > On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 06:11:14PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:
    >> [as a contributor]
    >>
    >> My only comment on this draft is that I’d prefer it if the
“routing-state” tree were moved into another YANG module, so that it could be
more easily deprecated when the opstate solution comes.   I suggested this
before, with regards to rfc6087bis Section 5.23, but that thread seemed to have
petered out, but now here we are and my opinion remains the same.

    > We already have foo:/foo /foo:foo-state modules and while we can now
start a series of foo:/foo and foo-state:/foo-state modules in the hope that
this will eventually 'easier' in the future, it might also be that we just
create more variation and confusion.

    > /js
    >
    > --
    > Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
    > Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
    > Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

    > pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez
recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
    > a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages
    > Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie. Merci.

    > If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
    > As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have
been modified, changed or falsified.
    > Thank you.

    Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
    PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C