Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net> writes:

>>    Then you probably already know what the solution is going to be. I don't.
>
> It’s not that I know the exact solution.  It’s that I see this
> approach offering good options for graceful migration to an opstate
> compliant solution (for which I’m on the design team alias), without
> incurring any modelling cost, other than there being an additional
> module.  I additionally see this approach as more flexible in that, as
> you said, it would allow one module to be updated without disturbing
> the other.

The data modelling cost of splitting config and state data into
separate modules IMO is that it weakens the concept of system- and
user-controlled objects. I understand that some folks don't like it but
I am still not convinced that anything better is readily available.

And then of course another cost is that all modules depending on
ietf-routing need to be updated accordingly. So IMO we should think
twice before making this change. I would appreciate more opinions on it.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C