On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 07:50:47AM +0000, Bogaert, Bart (Nokia - BE) wrote:

> [Bart Bogaert] When sending a configuration request to a device while there
> is no HW physically present yet is what we call pre-provisioning meaning
> that the configuration is made up-front in attendance of the HW being
> plugged at a later stage.  When the plugged HW does not meet the
> pre-configured data I think it is normal that an alarm is raised but that
> does not take away the fact that the device was configured in advance.

In your example, there is nothing configured as far as I can tell.

The way the interfaces data model supports pre-configuration is by
having a _name binding_; a pre-configured interface is applied once
the name of the pre-configured interfaces matches the name of a
(physical) interface. I think Martin is asking the question whether
the same model of using name bindings can be applied in your case and
if not why not.