"Bogaert, Bart (Nokia - BE)" <bart.boga...@nokia.com> wrote:
> > A more realistic (at least in my
> > opinion) is the case where you can insert different cards in a slot of
> > a system.  If the operator plans that a certain slot will contain a
> > board offering e.g. DSL lines then the model-name could reflect the HW
> > name of that card.
>
> Can you go through this example in some more details, e.g. show the data
> that the operator set (like the XML I showed)?
>
> [Bart Bogaert] Assume we have the following in the device already:
>  <entity>
>    <physical-entity>
>      <model-name>system-1</model-name>
>      <class>ianaent:chassis</class>
>    </physical-entity>
>  </entity>
>
> And assume the following is sent as pre-configuration:
>  <entity>
>    <physical-entity>
>      <model-name>dsl-brd-type1</model-name>
>      <class>ianaent:module</class>
>      <parent-rel-pos>2</parent-rel-pos>
>      <contained-in>system-1</contained-in>
>    </physical-entity>
>  </entity>
>
> When at a later stage, a board is plugged in the position corresponding to
> parent-rel-pos 2, the system is able to detect whether the model-name
> corresponds to dsl-brd-type-1 and accepts the pre-configured values.  In
> case a different model name is detected (e.g. eth-brd-type-1) a mismatch
> alarm is to be raised indicating that an eth-brd-type-1 has been detected
> while a dsl-brd-type-1 was expected as the pre-configuration does not match
> with the actual configuration.

In these examples, you don't have the <name> key leaf.  It seems that
in the case of containment, you want to be able to use <contained-in>
and <parent-rel-pos> as identification leafs (probably regardless of
which <name> is assigned by the system), and <mode-name> and <class>
as matching leafs?  What about the non-containment case, how would you
do pre-configuration in that case?  Use the <name> anyway?