On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net> wrote:

> > Why can't you use a when-stmt?
>

> > <top>
>
> >     <diag-mode>system</diag-mode>
>
> >     <service>

> >        <diag-stats>
>
> >            // config false
>
> >            //  when  "/top/diag-mode = 'system'"
>
> >        </diag-stats>
>
> >     </service>
>
> > </top>
>

> Can we have a solution that is session-oriented, like with-defaults?
> Maybe the ‘when’ expression’s context could be extended to the client’s
> request, or otherwise be triggered by something in the request?

I prefer not to use specialized <get-foo> operations.
In the usage model that Rob described, the service tech will be
setting diag-mode to 'system'  then retrieving the extra 'diag-stats',
then setting diag-mode back to 'user'.

NACM is only needed on the leaf /top/diag-mode to prevent users from
setting it to  system mode.

Kent // as a contributor