:
> As for candidate, it is optional and we all know that it is quite
problematic if
> concurrent access of multiple clients is possible. Therefore, it would IMO
be a
> good riddance.

For someone who is yet to see NETCONF and YANG used in anger, can you
explain why judicious use of candidate and lock is problematic with
concurrent access and why, as a consequence, it should be got rid of? One of
the features of NETCONF that attracted us to it is its support for
transactioning, a feature which it would appear came from previous
experience with JUNOS. Is it current guidance that transactioning should not
be used?

Jonathan