Andy Bierman writes:
>This draft addresses all remaining open issues, include the rewrite of the
>opstate section.

>>In YANG, any data that has a "config" statement value of "false"
>>could be considered operational data.  The relationship between
>>configuration (i.e., "config" statement has a value of "true") and
>>operational data can be complex.

The NMDA draft includes the following in its terminology section:

  - configuration: Data that determines how a device behaves.  This
    data is modeled in YANG using "config true" nodes.  Configuration
    can originate from different sources.

  - operational state: The combination of applied configuration and
    system state.

It would be nice to use matching terms, either by importing the
NMDA terms directly, or by mimicing them in this draft.  If your
"operational data" means "config false" and NMDA's "operational state"
means both config true and config false, readers will be confused.

Also you say "operational state and other data such as statistics"
which inconsisent.  Under either set of terms, statistics are
part of operational state.

>>The original set of datastores defined in NETCONF (i.e., candidate,
>>unning, and startup) are not sufficient to fully manage a device
>>ith multiple sources of configuration data.  In additional, a
>>separate datastore is needed to store operational state and other
>>data such as statistics.  Refer to
>>[I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores] for details on this new "revised
>>datastore" architecture.  Guidelines for usage of the new datastores
>>(including the operational datastore) is defined in
>>[I-D.dsdt-nmda-guidelines].

"not sufficient to fully manage" is too broad a claim.  Can I suggest
a more positive spin:

  The Network Management Datastore Architecture (NMDA) defines a
  new set of datastores that improve visibility into the device,
  both in terms of the "intended" configurations values and the
  true operationally "in use" values.  Refer to
  [I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores] for details.  Guidelines for
  moving existing data modules to the NMDA are defined in
  [I-D.dsdt-nmda-guidelines].

Thanks,
 Phil