If your YANG was being designed from scratch then using separate YANG modules may allow for a cleaner solution - but I appreciate that may not help you with where you are now.

Thanks,
Rob

On 23/08/2017 09:24, Ivory, William wrote:
Sorry - meant Debian packages.  We have a large YANG module that really ought
to be handled by multiple daemons, so plan to use submodules so we can identify
the different parts and process them in the right place.  Recombining into a
single module would lose that granularity.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de]
Sent: 23 August 2017 08:25
To: Ivory, William <william.iv...@intl.att.com>
Cc: 'Alex Campbell' <alex.campb...@aviatnet.com>; 'Robert Wilton'
<rwil...@cisco.com>; 'netmod@ietf.org' <netmod@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netmod] Query about augmenting module from submodule in YANG 1.0

What are packages? I think submodules declare to which module they belong, no?
Perhaps you are doing something that submodules do not even support.

/js

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 07:08:10AM +0000, Ivory, William wrote:
...  except that if the whole reason for splitting into submodules was to allow
the submodules to belong to different packages in our system, combining them
back again is not possible.  I wouldn't be splitting them unless I needed to
for good reason.

William