On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My concern is that the definition of <running> is being changed to
> include undefined and undeclared proprietary extensions.
> This is counter-productive to the IETF's stated goal of interoperability.

I would prefer to solve this problem by making disabled nodes part of the
standard:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kwatsen-conditional-enablement-00
Bring back Kent's draft -- define a simple boolean for enabled/disabled.

I don't understand why templates are mentioned in the draft.
since they are not really defined.  Isn't it good enough to say that
the server can add configuration nodes to the <intended> datastore,
without getting specific about non-standard mechanisms?
There are many other ways the server can inject configuration that are not
mentioned.

Andy