Bart,

I think the reason for the difference is that the interfaces model was
published as an RFC before while the hardware model is new and hence
it seems to look a bit odd to define new deprecated objects.

If these deprecated objects are essential for BBF (please confirm),
then it might be better to define them in a separate module that then
can silently die while systems move to NMDA (and so we do not have the
deprecated objects with us in the hardware module forever - or at
least as long as we use YANG 1.1).

/js