On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 07:08:32AM -0500, Lou Berger wrote:
> On 12/08/2017 06:15 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> >
> >> In talking to some others on this topic, they suggested using a library per
> >> datastore. I haven't look into this enough to know if that is a good or bad
> >> idea, but it seems functionally equivalent to your first option but
> >> realized
> >> in a different way. Just something to add to the mix.
> > If people want to put additional options on the table, they should
> > work out the details and write down a tree diagram and send the result
> > to the list.
>
> I guess we have a different philosophical approach here.  I'd prefer to
> hear about fresh ideas, even if half baked or asked as a "stupid
> question". Sometimes, if not dismissed out of hand, these lead to
> something that is a better result than others that have been immersed in
> the issue have thought of.

The devil is usally in the details and 'using a library per datastore'
is for my taste a bit too little to understand what is actually being
proposed. I am not dismissing proposals, but I like to be able to
understand what is being proposed. And for that I need a proposal that
is a bit more than 'using a library per datastore'.