On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 7:19 AM, t.petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:

> Oppose adoption
>
> As others have said, there is a lack of a problem to solve.

Actually, I see eventual value in the tags themselves if:

   - each tag is defined with a YANG identity
   - there is standard filtering based on derived-from-or-self
   - the standard tags are maintained in an IANA module (iana-yang-tags)
   - there is a standard YANG extension yt:module-tag that can be used to
assign
     tags to an entire module
   - there is a standard YANG extension yt:data-tag that can be used to
assign
     tags to a YANG data subtree
   - standard YANG modules include appropriate tagging

IMO it is similar to iana-if-types, which is much better than each vendor or
each operator assigning all the code-points.

It would be a lot of work to come up with a good set of standard tags
but it seems there are people willing to work on that.

Andy

When I ask users of a technology that uses #hashtags where they come