From: Robert Wilton [mailto:rwil...@cisco.com]
Sent: 29 May 2018 15:28
To: Rohit R Ranade <rohitrran...@huawei.com>; netmod@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] draft-ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis-06 deviation query

Hi Rohit,

On 29/05/2018 10:35, Rohit R Ranade wrote:
Hi All,

Consider the below YANG tree, which contains both "rw" and "ro" nodes.

module: ietf-interfaces
    +--rw interfaces
    |  +--rw interface* [name]
    |     +--rw name                        string
    |     +--rw description?                string
    |     +--rw type                        identityref
    |     +--rw enabled?                    boolean
    |     +--rw link-up-down-trap-enable?   enumeration {if-mib}?
    |     +--ro admin-status                enumeration {if-mib}?
    |     +--ro oper-status                 enumeration
    |     +--ro last-change?                yang:date-and-time
    |     +--ro if-index                    int32 {if-mib}?
    |     +--ro phys-address?               yang:phys-address
    |     +--ro higher-layer-if*            interface-ref

>From what I understand, in the new yang-library structure the schema for
><operational> data-store will have the complete YANG tree. The schema for
><running> will need to add deviations with "not-supported" for all the "ro"
>nodes for this module ?
No need for the deviations for <running>.  <running> only contains the "config
true" parts of the schema.

So, for a normal, NMDA compliant server, the same schema can be used for all
datastores.

Thanks,
Rob

With Regards,