I've read rfc6110 and I didn't see any mention of "WHEN" on the mandatory
status (section 9.1.1 Optional and Mandatory Nodes doesn't list it which seems
a bit odd to me).
The section on "WHEN" just mentions the xpath mapping, not anything about
changing the mandatory status of the enclosing node.

I still think that the YANG RFC wording of "conditional" needs to indicate if
the node is mandatory status is affected or not.
Note that rfc6060 "3.1 Mandatory Nodes" doesn't mention "WHEN" (it does mention
presence).

Thanks
Mike

“Amdocs’ email platform is based on a third-party, worldwide, cloud-based
system. Any emails sent to Amdocs will be processed and stored using such
system and are accessible by third party providers of such system on a limited
basis. Your sending of emails to Amdocs evidences your consent to the use of
such system and such processing, storing and access”.