On 11/8/18 16:46, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the session today, it seems to me that one fundamental
> requirement (or non-requirement) is missing.  How much branching does
> the solution have to support?  The current solution (6020/7950) and (if
> I understood Rob Shakir correctly) also openconfig have linear
> versioning *per module*.  If we can get agreement on this requirement,
> I think it will be easier to find a solution.

We discussed this in the DT.  We didn't want to discuss levels of
branching in the requirements as that pointed to certain solutions.  The
point of requirement 1.4 was to say that the DT felt previous versions
of modules needed to support fixes without bringing in elements from head.

We discussed branching to satisfy this requirement as well as protecting
new features with if-feature and using deviations.

Joe