On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 5:37 AM Robert Wilton <rwil...@cisco.com> wrote:

> On 23/11/2018 13:29, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:

> referred

> >> OK. So we say 'the value space of the type of the schema tree node'.
> > Yes, this is better. But what if the schema tree node is made invalid
> due to a
> > failed "when" expression? Does it still apply?
>
> I might be being picky, but it isn't absolutely clear from the text
> which node "schema tree node" refers to.
>
> Hence I wonder whether it might be better to say "...identify the
> referenced leaf or leaflist ..." and "value space of the referenced
> schema tree node".

IMO the RFC has a lot of room for improvement in this area:

 - the term "data node" is never defined but used 47 times
 - the term "data node identifier" is not defined or used
 - the term "schema node identifier" is defined and used 14 times
   (defined in sec. 3 Terminology and again in sec. 6.5)
 - every statement that uses some sort of path identifier (e.g. 9.9.2)
needs to clearly specify
   whether the syntax is based on schema-node identifier or data-node
identifier

> Thanks,
> Rob

Andy