On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Juergen Schoenwaelder <
j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> I doubt it makes sense to carry an entire yang library schema with the
> instance data. The modules are actually known via the namespaces. If
> you want to capture the schema, dump the relevant yang library into
> another instance file.

The capability URIs used in NETCONF are not too verbose.
I agree that more efficient solutions are possible.

1) YANG library instance file
The instance-data-set includes a URL to the instance file for the YANG
library
used to generate the associated data node.

2) YANG catalog
 The instance-data-set includes a URL to the appropriate yangcatalog.org
info