On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 02:46:40PM +0200, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> > If you go back ~20 messages, my proposal was ip-address-prefix,
> > ipv4-address-prefix, and ipv6-address-prefix.
>
> Do we agree that this type really specifies two values in one?  If so
> I think the "and" is useful.
>
> Also note that the current text in RFC 6991 says:
>
>      The ipv4-prefix type represents an IPv4 address prefix.
>
> so having a type ipv4-address-prefix for something that is not (only) an
> "ipv4 address prefix" is imo confusing.

I can fix the wording. But I can also use ip*-address-and-prefix if
people think this a better name. Perhaps I should do both, fix the
wording (at other places the text just says "ip prefix") and use
ip*-address-and-prefix for the new types.

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>