On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 08:27:32PM +0200, Martin Bjorklund wrote:

> > think that I also now agree with Martin that this is really merging
> > two values into one leaf.
>
> And for the record (again, perhaps), I think this is a bad idea in
> general, and I am not sure an exception is needed in this case.

This format is used and convenient where it is used (and I do
sometimes miss it at other places where it is not used). I would not
be religious about this combination of values. Note that even
ip-prefix is a combination of a prefix length and an address
'pattern'. So ip-address-and-prefix is actually three values in
one. ;-)

We have yang:date-and-time, a combination of date and time (we are
adding these right now). yang:date-and-time actually clumps together
year, month, day, hours, minutes, seconds, optional subseconds,
timezone. For me, it seems useful to adopt commonly used formats.

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>