On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 04:55:02PM +0000, Acee Lindem (acee) wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> I must admit that I think this is the worst possible outcome. Independent of
> the original intent, at a high level it is just not a good idea to accept the
> non-canonical prefix format and return the canonical format.

So you propose to deprecate the definitions and create new ones?
Otherwise, I can't follow why a clarification can be the worst
possible outcome.

Note that we do have different lexical representations this in several
other places. We accept +17 to mean 17 (Section 9.1 of RFC 7950.)

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>