OK, I will remove it.
Balazs

-----Original Message-----
From: netmod <netmod-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Martin Björklund
Sent: 2020. március 12., csütörtök 17:58
To: j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de
Cc: netmod@ietf.org; bclaise=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] WG Last Call:
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-06

Hi

Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 06:58:53PM +0100, Benoit Claise wrote:
> > Juergen,
> >
> > On on side, Balazs mentions:
> >
> > 4+ people asked me explicitly to state this similarity during the
> > development of the draft.
> >
> > The current text is:
> >
> >        P2  Instance data shall reuse existing encoding rules for YANG
> >            defined data.  Its format will be similar to the response of
> >            NETCONF <get> operation or the RESTCONF response to a GET
method
> >            invocation on the (unified) datastore resource.
> >
> > This modification is based on your feedback:
> >
> > Well, then the correct wording would be "similar to the response of
> > a NETCONF <get> operation or the RESTCONF response to a GET method
> > invocation on the (unified) datastore resource". Sounds complex and
> > I still prefer the text to be agnostic to specific operations
> >
> > On the other side, you insist now on removing the latter sentence.
> > Could you propose a similar sentence that would satisfy your concern?
> >

> The new sentence is this:
>

> [Yeah, I suggested removal so the new sentence is empty.]

I agree with Juergen.

I find the sentence about similarity confusing.  What exactly does "similar"
mean?  Does it mean that it has a <rpc-reply> on the top?

This section defines the prinicples / objectives, and the principle is
clear:

       Instance data shall reuse existing encoding rules for YANG
       defined data.

> PS: I do not mind if somewhere there is an example stated. But even
>     then I would prefer something like this:
>
>       For example, instance data of the <running> configuration
>       datastore is encoded similar to the response of a NETCONF
>       <get-config> operation on the <running> datastore or a GET
>       method invocation on the <running> datastore resource and it
>       will be embedded into a container together with the metadata
>       describing the instance data.

Hmm.   If you really want to show how a reply to <get-config> compares
to a corresponding instance file, it might be better with an example that
shows a complete reply to this get-config, and the corresponding instance
data.

/martin