> The chairs can guide you on procedure but it is the WG members, you, me and
> everyone else who have to do the work and so declare their willingness, or
> not, to take up the work which the chairs then use to decide whether or not
> the work should happen in the WG.

Thank you Tom for mentioning that, and Juergen for helping to understand the
request.

Hi Oscar and Aseem, you’ve already received some good feedback.  The
“declaration of willingness” that Tom alludes to is formalized by the chairs
initiating an “adoption call” to the working group on an Internet Draft (I-D)
document.  The I-D is a proposal for what the authors would hope to be
published as an RFC, and is typically presented to the WG in one or more of its
regular meetings occurring three times a year.  Of course you may continue to
solicit feedback and interest here on the list in the interim.

Cheers, Kent  // a NETMOD co-chair