Hi Jürgen,

On 2022-01-03, at 22:25, Jürgen Schönwälder
<j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 10:05:15PM +0100, Carsten Bormann wrote:
>> Does my little example of the approximate current time (২০২২-০১-০৩T২১:৪০:০০)
>> match RFC 6991 date-and-time?
>>
>> I think it does, but I’m also pretty sure that wasn’t intended.
>> There are a few more cases of \d in RFC 6991, where the equivalent
>> definitely wouldn’t work.
>>

> The example may pass the pattern but it likely does not statisfy the
> additional requirements spelled out in the description statement.

I understand that, but there are two observations:

(1) as noted, the pattern is too permissive (unnecessarily so, as \d can simply
be replaced with [0-9] to match Section 5.6 of RFC 3339).
(2) but you cannot ignore the pattern, as it also is more restrictive than the
description indicates (it requires capital T and, if present, capital Z — see
the note in Section 5.6 on how such a restriction of the case-insensitive RFC
3339 format is allowed, but then the assertion "The profile is defined by the
date-time production in Section 5.6 of RFC 3339.” in the YANG description
statement is, err, not the whole story).

(Background: We are wrangling with regexps in JSONPATH and date/time formats in
SEDATE, and I’d like to make sure what we do there fits with what we can learn
from YANG.)

Grüße, Carsten