On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 11:01:16AM +0000, tom petch wrote:

> Well, consistency with what? For me that is the protocol RFC that is the
> starting point and having YANG module authors going off in another direction,
> albeit consistently, is likely to be a source of confusion.

If someone tells a human operator over the phone to set the wait time
to 42, then it is likely that the operator assumes the leaf is called
wait-time. Many network operators are not state machine implementors
and they likely appreciate consistency at the management interface
more than consistency with the spelling in some protocol specs.

Jürgen Schönwälder              Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>