On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 2:34 PM Jürgen Schönwälder <
j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> I am not sure it helps to look at individual data models but since
> openconfig is often presented as getting things right, here is what I
> find in openconfig-system-logging.yang

Not sure why this missing feature is relevant.
There is an assertion (by some)  that the mis-naming is not a real problem
and the fact that 99% of the users misunderstand the details of the typedef
is not a problem.  There are others who assert that this misunderstanding
is an ongoing problem.

IMO the clear-cut solution provided by YANG (start over with a new
identifier) is an extremely
expensive solution, and does not address the root problem of the misuse.

The "patch" for the problem is for all servers to make sure they accept or
reject
a client-provided zone index, and do not silently ignore it.

Andy

  grouping logging-remote-config {