Acee,

> On Oct 5, 2022, at 10:18 AM, Acee Lindem (acee) <a...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> It may even be a matter of having a few useful typedefs:
>
> yang-key32 (length 1..32)
> yang-key64 (length 1..64)
> yang-key128 (length 1..128)
> yang-key256 (length 1..256)
>
> I agree in principle. Why wouldn’t these be string32, etc, since the leaves
> in question are of type string. We don’t need “yang-“ since they will be
> prefixed with “yang-types:” or some other module.

I'm supremely uninterested in the color of the bike shed. :-)  I find minor
value is having the word "key" present to cover the use case, but certainly
could see use cases where a leaf might also want to limit the content size to
some well known sizes.

While I certainly could be the one that authors the underlying draft, there are
many who are more deeply involved in daily YANG work that are probably more
appropriate parties.  Mostly, I'm hoping this discussion gets someone
interested enough to write the trivial draft and hopefully start socializing it
in IETF YANG draft reviews.

-- Jeff