Hi Andy,

> I hope the immutable flag will work with non-NMDA as well as the current NMDA.

Yes.

A non-NMDA server can still:

Present YANG modules having the "immutable" extension statements.  It's up to
the clients if they understand it and, if not, then nothing changes.

Return the "immutable" metadata annotation, if the client sends the
`with-immutable` parameter in a get request.

The only thing "missing" is the ability for the client to get the <system>
datastore.  The ability to get <system> is desirable to discover, e.g.,
vendor-defined reference-able "shared" objects.   The same information could be
supplied via another way, e.g., vendor documentation.

K.