On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 12:04:41PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> > I am not sure I follow. If I replace the line card, I may have to
> > update the type of the interface config. Why would this be disallowed?
>
> Nothing is being disallowed, by this proposal.  There is no new server
> behavior.  The proposal only enables a server to programmatically describe to
> a client what data it considers immutable.

Where in the NC or YANG RFCs do we talk about immutable data? Where in
the interfaces data model do we define that the type leaf becomes
immutable once a line card has been plugged into a slot?

Jürgen Schönwälder              Constructor University Bremen gGmbH
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://constructor.university/>