On 09/05/2023 00.49, Kent Watsen wrote:
Dear NETMOD WG,

This message begins a joint two-week WGLC for draft-ietf-netmod-yang-semver-11
and draft-ietf-netmod-yang-module-versioning-09
  ending on Monday, May 22nd.  Neither draft has IPR declared.  Here are the
direct links to the HTML version for these drafts:

    - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-semver-11
    -
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-module-versioning-09

Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is ready for
publication", are welcome!  This is useful and important, even from authors.
Objections, concerns, and suggestions are also welcomed at this time.

Hello, I have reviewed the module-versioning draft and overall it looks fine (well, aside from the incoming pain :), but we'll cope with that in due time).

One concern I have is with https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-module-versioning-09#name-file-names, which changes file naming.

Previously the canonical file name included revision -- and now that information is lost. While I understand the desire for descriptive names, which are a boon for humans, the until the entire ecosystem adopts labels, this change is either-or -- and hence tools have to pick which metadata is more important: label or revision.

Would it be possible to define a format which contains *both* the label and revision, so as not to pick favorites?

Thanks,
Robert