I think you meant https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-next/issues/49.

> > and then mark the
> > versioning extension as "critical".  That said, I believe that an even
> > better versioning-solution can be had if integrated into the YANG-language
> > directly.
> >

> IMO the parsing of YANG files to produce a conceptual data model
> is a critical component of the language itself.  Any statements that
> affect this conversion step MUST be regular statements.
> An extension is (by definition) an external statement that is not part of
> the YANG language.
> Critical extensions are not a good design choice.

I strongly agree.  Allowing the language to drastically change (like
in this example) by just defining a critical extension is not a good
idea.  Basically, anyone can define their own extension that changes
YANG to whatever, and still claim conformance.

> Just add real statements
> instead.
>
> IMO most of the yang-next issues are not interesting or valuable,
> so a long WG process to go through this entire list is a non-starter.

The problem is that everyone will have their own pet-issues that they
think are critical...

> There are 3 critical changes that need to be made.
>   - change "status" so deprecated and obsolete definitions are
>     correct

... for example I don't think this is critical ...

>   - introduce new instance-identifier data type based on RFC 7951 definition
>   - introduce new identityref data type based on RFC 7951 definition

... but I do agree with these!

/martin