On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 03:08:19PM -0400, Acee Lindem wrote:
> I don’t support adoption as I think this solution to the problem of receiving
> unknown bits is excessive and the fact that it is Non-Backward Compatible
> (NBC) change to remove the unknown bits once they are defined. Rather, just
> add an optional read-only unknown-foo-bits leaf of type yang:hex-string and
> return the hex representation if they’re any unknown bits in the field.

Or always report the raw data in the hex-string if this information is
considered useful so that clients do not have to guess what a server
considers a known bit (which may change over time). I tend to agree
that the solution feels overly complex.

Jürgen Schönwälder              Constructor University Bremen gGmbH
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://constructor.university/>