mohamed.boucad...@orange.com wrote:
> Re-,
>
> There was an invitation to review the changes:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/4NDzo7SLinue-CeHGRyOD6aWXHI/,
> but no follow-up.
>
> Do you have any concern with that part? Thanks.

I do, but I suspect that there is a reason for this rule, so I'd like
to understand that.  (I have some faint memory of such a
discussion on the list, but I may be wrong).

My objection is (1) why should this legal construct not be used and
(2) I don't think the proposed workaround is correct, since if you
move the when to a container that surrounds the entire choice, the
other cases in the choice are also made conditional.